Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Law of the Garbage Truck

 Emails.  Now I don't know about you folks but I dread my e-mail. I am horrible at handling it daily.  Although since I have joined Shelfari I have gotten much better at going through it daily.  Which is a HUGE improvement and much better then I handle my real life mail. That's a whole nother story.  I have my Mother (aka The "News Buffer"), and my Dad (aka "Navy Guy"), who send me about 10-15 emails daily.  Now they both have their own collective genre of emails they like to send me.  I.E. Some religious/spiratual, and Political from the "News Buffer".  Some Political and Dirty Pictures/Dirty Jokes from "Navy Guy"  They both email me jokes and chain mail letters.  Then you go and join a group, a game, or fall for a trick like Surveys for this item or that and they all want your email.  So for a while I was giving my email out like Candy.  Then the way I hit and miss on containing it, before I knew it I would have easily 2000+ emails. Email Overload
My mother has made it her daily job to tackle her emails at very minimum of twice daily.  She has even gone in and cleaned my email out for me on several occasions in the last few years because I had more then 5000+ emails unopened.  Now I got smart this past year.  I have one email for family and close personal friends.  I have one for joining everything.  I still need to get another one for joining things like games that just email you once a year if that.  If I have email set up for this blog I will have to make it totally seperate.  Well the parents (whom have been divoriced for eons), luckily don't send me the same stuff to often.  I do not continue chain letters.  They bug me.  I only forward a few really good emails and save my friends and other family their sanity. (Your welcome!)  Once in a while though while sifting through the miriad of emails I come across a Pearl of a joke or story that just has to be told.  It would be unjust not to share this current one below with you all.



The Law of the Garbage Truck

One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver
slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and Final Fight Guystarted yelling at us.
My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean he was really friendly. So I asked, "Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!" This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'
He explained that many people are like garbage trucks.  They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, Cool Angry Smilie full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. 
Don't take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.
The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so...Love the people who treat you right. Pray for the ones who don't.

Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!

So I am wishing you a garbage-free day! 

1 comment:

Nicole' Happiness said...

hey just wanted to say hi its me misary from bite fight aka shannon just was wondering how u were doing my e-mail is shannon_n_parker@live.com if you would like to keep in touch

hope to here from u soon shannon

Related Posts with Thumbnails