Thursday, September 17, 2009

Romeo Romeo by Robin Kaye


Genre: Contemporary Romance
Pages: 383 pp
Isbn: 9781402213397
Published: November 2008
Challenge This covers #2 Read a debut author or one with less then 4 books published for the Fall 2009 Romance Reading Challenge.

First Sentence or two: Rosalie Ronaldi made a successful escape from the insane asylum. Okay, so it wasn't a real insane asylum; it was her parent's Bay Ridge home. But most days it could pass for the Sicilian version of Bellevue.

Backcover:
Rosalie Ronaldi doesn't have a domestic bone in her body... All she cares about is her career, so she survives on take-out and dirty martinis, keeps her shoes under the dining room table, her bras on the shower curtain rod, and her clothes on the couch... Nick Romeo is every woman's fantasy-tall, dark, handsome, rich,really good in bed, and he loves to cook and clean... He says he wants an independant woman, but when he meets Rosalie, all he wants to do is take care of her. Before too long, he's cleaned up her apartment, stocked her refridgerator, and adopted her dog... So what's the problem? Just a little matter of mistaken identity, corporate theft, a hidden past in juvenile detention and one big nosy Italian family too close for comfort...


Random Thoughts -These characters were so REALISTIC. No need to get your imagination to bend some of the rules for you to feel this is believable. This book was easy to read and enjoyable. I loved the Italian families. This was great fun to read and to dream of my very own Romeo. (et um.... Don't tell Peevie!)

Favorite Scene - One of my favorite scenes was the family dinner Rosalie went to with out Nick and got a suprise. Also the scene where Joey proposed to her. Be still my heart is all I can say. LMAO

Favorite Quotes- I want to share Rosalie's dating rules.
1. Always meet the guy in a public place in case he turns out to be a psycho.
2. Never sleep with the guy on the first date, no matter what, even if her hormones told her to hurry the hell up, they wanted a cigarette.
3. If you fight on the first date, don't make a second.
____________________________________________________________
(Rosalie's Mom on the phone to her)
"......ungrateful, puttana of a daughter. I thank God my sainted mother is dead, God rest her soul, because if she saw what you've become, it would have killed her. As it is, she's rolling over in her grave."
___________________________________________________________
(Cousin Vin to Nick)
"What do I look like, the freaking Barefoot Contessa? I hear she lives in the Hamptons; you want I should give you directions? Oh, right, you know how to get there. You got a freakin' house out there. So why are you here buggin me?"

Rating - 5 Stars
Author's Website

5 comments:

Robin Kaye said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! I'm so glad you enjoyed Romeo, Romeo. The second book in the series, Too Hot to Handle is out and Breakfast in Bed, the third Domestic Gods book, comes out in December. I hope you enjoy them just as much!

Jennifer The Forgetful Faerie Queen said...

Robin,
Thank you so much for commenting to me. It is so exciting for me to hear from the actual author!!
I am very excited to read your next 2 books. I have already heard your 3rd one is great too. A friend through Shelfari got lucky and got the arc book. I gave her HECK about it. LOL

*sprinkles you with fairy dust and flutters off to read.......

Megan said...

This looks like a wonderful book. I love when I check out my favorite bloggers and find a book I've never heard of. This book is right up my alley. I love romance with a little mystery sprinkled in there. This book I will definitely go out and buy! Thanks for the fantastic review!

Rachel Belle said...

Umm...I'm going to look on Amazon right now and see if I can download it to my iPod.

Great review!

Jennifer The Forgetful Faerie Queen said...

It's a GREAT book Rachel. I just went out and bought the 2nd one. "Too Hot to Handle". I will do a review when I get a chance to read it. I have a little line for my immediate tbr at the moment. LOL

Lemme know what you think of this book.

Related Posts with Thumbnails