Sunday, September 6, 2009

Loves Me, Loves Me Knot by Heidi Betts



Genre:
Contemporary Romance
Pages: 297 pp
Isbn: 9780312946722
Published: 2009
Challenge This covers #10 Reader's Choice for the Fall 2009 Romance Reading Challenge.


First Sentence or two: With a final shove, Charlotte Langan managed to heave the heavy, centuries-old spinning wheel up the last two attic steps and onto the dusty floor.
When she's hauled the thing down to her bedroom six months before, she certainly hadn't anticipated the need to carry it back up so soon--at least not by herself.
Synopsis:
THIS IS KNOT YOUR AVERAGE LOVE STORY
Jenna Langan knows what she wants, and as she tells her best friends after their weekly knitting group, she doesn’t need a man to give it to her…only a few of his best swimmers. And just because her marriage to undercover vice cop Gage Marshall ended badly doesn’t mean he can’t still give her the baby she’s always wanted. In fact, she’s willing to bet a couple of her favorite hand-knit boas that she can tie him up in knots he’ll definitely enjoy…
BUT TRUE LOVE IS MORE THAN JUST SKEIN DEEP
An unexpected seduction is one thing, but stud service? No, thank you. Gage had his reasons for pulling the plug on his happily ever after with Jenna, and nothing that’s happened since their divorce has changed his mind. That is, until Jenna got it into her head to tie him up and drag him down. Now he has no choice but to stick around until he knows for sure if his ex-wife is pregnant. But the more time he spends with Jenna, the more his resolve begins to unravel…

Random Thoughts -This book was a refreshing change of pace. The author has a very unique voice. She is very much of our day and time we live in now. This is not about a simple mix-up and fix it up. Sometimes couples have these almost insurmountable hurtles that can not be overcome. I loved Jenna and Gage! I desperately wanted them together. Gages reasons had valid points and I couldn't fault him for his reason. This made the struggle so very real and scary. I was almost thinking this would be the rare book that ended not happily ever after.
Ms. Betts makes the reading fun and fresh with her MANY pop culture references in the pages and amongst the story. Never have I read a book with more. It was fun and exciting each time I came upon another one. Gage and Jenna are HOT and their story is very endearing. I recommend this to everyone. I plan on reading the other two books in this trilogy of hers.

Favorite Scene - I do love the scene where Jenna, Grace and Ronnie are having Mexican Night and all those lovely Margaritas. I find the trio so fun and I never know what they are going to say. This is like the 2nd book in a week that had a fun drunken ladies nite in it. I think I might need one. Seems I am longing for my gal pals and nice frosty drink. Problem is, I don't really have any Gal Pals that are here in my state. Most of my pals these days are online. Sighs

Favorite Quotes- These are a few of the pop culture references I spoke of earlier.
"Hiding like a fat kid squirreling away a last slice of birthday cake"
" A 'woody', as they used to say...though the last time she'd called it that, her niece's cheeks had turned bubblegum pink and she'd been quietly informed that 'woody' was a term currently reserved for a rather private, highly aroused portion of the male anatomy."

"Put the zip in your Miracle Whip?"

"Jenna?" he prompted when she stood there like a crash test dummy.

She looked like she was about to toss out another of her trivial demands that would bounce off him like bullets off superman

Her life was like a chapter out of some Latin-American telenovela.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are MANY MANY more, those are just a few. Have fun trying to count all the current today pop culture references.
Rating - 4 Stars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one sounds really funny! I will check it out.

Heidi Betts said...

Hi, Jennifer! Thank you so much for the great review of LOVES ME. I'm so glad you enjoyed Gage & Jenna & all the fun pop culture references. That's what I love about writing humorous contemp most--I can have the characters think & talk the way people do in real life. ;-)

Hope you enjoy the rest of the "Chicks with Sticks" series just as much!

And hi to you, too, Stephanie! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails